Re: [OM] OT: TVs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TVs
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 19:18:51 +0100
I find that,whenever an appliance comes with a thick manual there are two reasons -

1) The manual has the same information in 20 languages.

2) At least half of the pages for each language are safety warnings, many along the lines of "do not let children place this TV in a deep fat fryer". I may have invented that, but you know the kind of thing I mean. I purchased a staple gun and the cartoon-like instructions reminded me not to use it to put nappies on babies. I didn't invent that one.

Mike

At 18:59 26/08/2022, you wrote:
My recent Samsung came with a 242-page manual (pdf).  Now owners get
frustrated because the manual is too big!