Re: [OM] OT: TVs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TVs
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 07:59:44 -0700
At 8/26/2022 09:57 PM, CH Ling wrote:
>The soap opera feeling may be caused "frame creation" feature of the TV, which
>turn 23.976fps source to 59.94 (60)fps. You can turn it off in the TV setup
>when watching movies.
>
>I don't know much about the Grimm you used to watch, if it was DVD or recorded
>TV show then it should be 59.94fps. The soap opera feeling might be due to
>other reasons.
>
>I have seen somewhere that Sony even have clarity setting, this should be turn
>off too.

Thanks to all who responded. I have been going through some of the settings and
it is getting better.

Grimm is an Amazon Prime show. Not sure what the resolution is, but I know the
TV has many video enhancement features that I'm still learning about.

I found another frustration. I have a Samsung sound bar that is connected via
HDMI eARC. The TV goes to sleep if not touched for a while, which then
disconnects the sound bar and I have to power it off and back on to get the
sound bar working.

WayneS