Re: [OM] OT: TVs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TVs
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:58:16 +0000

>Can a guy who still watches a 21 inch TV with a picture tube (yeah, I know)
>find happiness with a 32 inch LCD TV? For movies, we have lately been using my
>wife&rsquo;s ~1900 x 1000 computer screen. A 32 inch TV would fit nicely on
>the stereo cabinet in our living room. We&rsquo;ve just been on a trip, and
>the 32 inch TV in the rental house we stayed in seemed big enough, at least
>watching &ldquo;character movies&ldquo; rather than scenery movies.

I got my flat screen TV for free. It was sitting on the sidewalk with a FREE
sign taped to it.  That was about five years ago. It's a somewhat small one.
The clarity and brightness are much better than what I was used to with the CRT
TV, so I've been using it ever since. Nice not having to grapple with the DTV
converter and the extra remote control.

Now I'm getting used to using a Win10 laptop (Dell 6430) in place of the Dell
6000 WinXP/7 laptops that I'd been using for years. Despite what the internet
community had been saying, you really can't use Win7 on a Dell 6000 laptop. But
they are excellent WinXP machines.

Chris

- Hunter S. Thompson