Re: [OM] OT: TVs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TVs
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 03:46:36 -0400
One more note. The big TVs are incredibly thin,
though heavy, You can wall mount - they all
have VESA tilting mounts available. As for "off",
you can get a "screen saver", at least for android
TVs, that displays a 4k picture, changing every
few minutes, softly, and displaying the time, and
sometimes the weather, too. With android, you
could put your own pictures on.
        Ciao, tOM Trottier

On  Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 3:26 re:
        Re: [OM] OT: TVs …
        tOM Trottier
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>said:

>I've had a Sony 55" HDR 120hz all to myself for 7
>years and sit 5 feet in front. It's large enough for
>me. For a couple sitting further away, go larger.
>You'll enjoy the better colour and detail.
>For a detailed look at buying a TV, see
>https://www.rtings.com/tv
>120hz is important for 24fps movies to avoid
>flicker.
>Chroma 4:4:4 is important for sharp text
>etc.
>
>On  Friday, August 12, 2022 at 14:51(ET)re:
>       Re: [OM] OT: TVs …
>       Peter Klein
><olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>said
>
>>A big thank you to everyone who replied. Wow, TVs have become more
>>complicated than buying a computer. I guess
>>they've become another “religion,” like cars, stereos, and of course, cameras.
>>
>>In the end, my wife’s desire to not have a HUGE screen dominate our small
>>living room won out. A 32 inch TV is the
>>largest size that will fit on our "home entertainment" cabinet unless we move
>>our vinyl turntable somewhere else—and
>>there is no "somewhere else" in our small living room.  We don’t want to mess
>>with wall mounting unless we become
>>truly convinced that we want to commit to a bigger screen, much more money
>>and the “total immersive experience." So
>>we’ll see if a high-rated basic 32” model is good enough. If not, we’ll
>>upgrade later when prices come down for
>>bigger sets with 4K and good HDR implementation. And we’ll have a second set.
>>
>>--Peter
>--
>"Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work." --
>Naomi
>Bloom
>oIf at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope
>for
>it._ " Albert Einstein
>                         '
>  _~o
> _-\<,_
>(_)/ (_)
>Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades._"Eddy Merckx.
>  tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 Skype:Abacurial
>  http://www.facebook.com/tOM.trottier
>  https://twitter.com/tOM_Trottier
>  http://Information.Architecture.Abacurial.com
>

>--

                                       Absum! -- Quidquid latine dictum sit
altum viditur.

tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633
tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
601-567 Cambridge ST. S,
Ottawa ON  K1S 4J5 Canada
Skype:Abacurial
http://TomTrottier.com
P Est-ce c'est necessaire d'imprimer ce courriel ?
Do you really need to print this email?
PUBLIC NOTICE: Any use of this message, in any manner
whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the
universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the
consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to
the heat death of the universe.