Re: [OM] OT: TVs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TVs
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:31:44 +0100
Wayne,

You can disable the sleep function through the menus if you want. I have done on mine.

You can also tell the TV what kind of device is attached to each HDMI port. Again through the menus but hard to find. That again might help.

There is also an option "BRAVIA Sync ON" for each HDMI port. Turning this on may help, even if it's not a Sony device attached.

Mike

At 15:59 29/08/2022, you wrote:
At 8/26/2022 09:57 PM, CH Ling wrote:
>The soap opera feeling may be caused "frame creation" feature of the TV, which turn 23.976fps source to 59.94 (60)fps. You can turn it off in the TV setup when watching movies.
>
>I don't know much about the Grimm you used to watch, if it was DVD or recorded TV show then it should be 59.94fps. The soap opera feeling might be due to other reasons.
>
>I have seen somewhere that Sony even have clarity setting, this should be turn off too.

Thanks to all who responded. I have been going through some of the settings and it is getting better.

Grimm is an Amazon Prime show. Not sure what the resolution is, but I know the TV has many video enhancement features that I'm still learning about.

I found another frustration. I have a Samsung sound bar that is connected via HDMI eARC. The TV goes to sleep if not touched for a while, which then disconnects the sound bar and I have to power it off and back on to get the sound bar working.

WayneS