Re: [OM] OT: TVs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TVs
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 14:51:09 -0700
A big thank you to everyone who replied. Wow, TVs have become more complicated
than buying a computer. I guess they've become another “religion,” like cars,
stereos, and of course, cameras.

In the end, my wife’s desire to not have a HUGE screen dominate our small
living room won out. A 32 inch TV is the largest size that will fit on our
"home entertainment" cabinet unless we move our vinyl turntable somewhere
else—and there is no "somewhere else" in our small living room.  We don’t want
to mess with wall mounting unless we become truly convinced that we want to
commit to a bigger screen, much more money and the “total immersive
experience." So we’ll see if a high-rated basic 32” model is good enough. If
not, we’ll upgrade later when prices come down for bigger sets with 4K and good
HDR implementation. And we’ll have a second set.

--Peter