Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:30:35 +0000
I don't see that an optical adapter is a necessity.  I have a
Rolliecord TLR which is medium format but there is an adapter
kit for it called the Rolliekin (sp?) which will convert it to allow
35mm film to be used.  There is no optical converter, just a
plastic mask which fits in the viewfinder and cuts down the area
viewed.

The same principal could be applied to OMs by including with a
digital back,h a special screen with the smaller picture area
delineated on it as per the spot metering circle on some screens.

Giles