Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole
From: "John Petrush" <jfp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 09:49:15 -0400
Warren Kato  <WKato@xxxxxxx>  pointed out:
>  >>
>Look at the most recent PopPhoto.  [Olympus] bought the most expensive two
>pages in the magazine, the inside cover and page one.  But alas, it's for
the
>DL-600L digital.

Actually I find this encouraging.  The whole industry is clearly moving
toward digital. I have and use an Oly D300L digital P&S and a somewhat
low-end digital darkroom with limited scanning capabilities and PhotoShop.
There are some real advantages to digital that we have probably hashed over
a dozen times.  I believe Olympus can be a leader in both.  Look a Sinar.
Through partnerships with Leaf and others, they have an excellent lineup in
the LF world.  Oly could do the same.  Besides, the 600L is a neat camera
:-)

John P