Re: [OM] Paph stack

Subject: Re: [OM] Paph stack
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 23:53:08 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<I never had the Vivitar lens so am not familiar with its classic look.

Thanks for looking Wayne.   It is a very cool lens.  Jeff Keller from this list
spotted it for sale and gave me a ping.  Now that I look at it at work I see
the purple is a tad off.  The lens has a slight but  complex color cast.  The
coating is the same as the
Viv S1 90 mm macro which has no cast.  It may be due to the complexity of the
lens and increased number of air-glass interfaces, so the coating can exert its
effect.  I had been profiling it to remove the cast w/o just neutralizing the
color, but ran out of time and energy.  A slight tint adjustment may fix it to
good enough status.    No one else may notice  but I can look at the orchid  to
compare.

Mike