[OM] Nathan's PAD 26/12/2021: bright lights of different kinds

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/12/2021: bright lights of different kinds
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 07:00:31 -0500
The second full day of my visit to New Jersey gave me some great light, in more
ways than one.

Boxing Day started with a beatiful sunrise over Manhattan:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-3dpgfzg/A

In the afternoon, we visited some relatives of my wife in the Malba area of
northern Queens (every Puerto Rican has relatives in New York!). Many houses in
the neighbourhood were decorated for Christmas, some decidedly over-the-top:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-V5Rgjr2/A

We drove to a spot from where there was a nice view of one of the lesser-known
among New York’s many bridges, the Whiteston Bridge which links Queens and the
Bronx across the East River:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kVvf8d7/A

Afterwards, we drove back to New Jersey and spent the evening with our son,
daughter-in-law and the grand-pets. Around midnight, walking back to my hotel,
I enjoyed a great view of Midtown Manhattan:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xKCDx4K/A

These were all made with my Fuji X-E3. But I have also been shooting film with
the gorgeous Olympus OM4T that I bought from Bill Barber in Texas who shipped
it to my son last week, along with two Zuiko lenses, a 50mm and an 85mm. It is
a truly beautiful piece of equipment, for me the pinnacle of late 1980s film
SLRs. I am still on the toe of the learning curve of course, but I am really
enjoying it.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"