Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR

Subject: Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 21:01:45 -0800
> Ken, you've made more progress than I have, apparently.  The stated
> intent  was to double the number of pixels in both directions,
> increasing the  5MP E-1 files to around 20MP.  This sounded fantastic.

I just realized my math is slightly weird, but I'm going to suggest
that any hope that we're going to magically turn a 5MP camera into
20MP camera is not realistic. This algorithm can't create THAT much
content. However, it is certainly finding detail that is quite
surprising. For the E-1, I'm seeing it give me details that the E-300
would have. The 16MP is more like low 20s. So basically, next size up.
The resize function is just spreading the smoothing out over more
pixels.

Oh, one observation. It doesn't work well on high-ISO images.

AG Schnozz