Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR

Subject: Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 22:06:23 -0700
On 3/16/2021 5:07 AM, Frank wrote:
It works on my laptop with e-1 files,

Mine works now, too, after applying updates.

I processed one from 2006.

Your examples are interesting. I decided to work with a test shot I took for other purposes. It has the advantage of including a lot of different subject matter. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Adobe_Enhance&SuperRes/GigaP_vs_AdobeEnhance.htm>

Small explanation: For reasons that are unclear, not only to me, but probably to the developers, the process of training their AI Denoise made it a very nice modest sharpener, or whatever you call something that makes fine detail clearer.

Two different Modes of Denoise are included, #2 & 3, because they have different strengths. #3 is generally best on the wood frame, the texture of the art paper and the money, except for artifacts in Tom's background. #2 is better on the art plate.

#4, ACR/LR "Enhanced" is an also ran.

For the 2x enlargement, it is even trickier, with various options working best for different subjects. ACR Super Resolution is again an also ran - except for text, where, with a gentle assist from Focus Magic, it seems best to me. Look at the seals.

Were I doing this to make an exhibition version, I would be using masks to use
the best of each.

Happy Eyestrain Moose