Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR

Subject: Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 23:00:23 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<I can get a good print of this up to 8x10 and even 11x14.  If I want to go
<<larger, there's really not enough there there.

<<<<(as I nurse my old pre-subscription version of PS along).

I nursed CS6 along with DXO as long as I could but the newest features just
proved to be too inviting (thanks Moose ;-)) and an now once again paying Adobe
tax.
It was time.

This new super-resolution feature or the Topaz GP AI is perfect to try for such
a shot.  Probably best to work from the raw file and save a tiff, upres that
and final touch up in PS for desired print size.  Sometimes it is just perfect
and other times a flop.  I would bet this is a hanging curve ball for Topaz GP
AI.  If there is not enough there there, just make up more there based on
machine learning and the insufficient there is now there.

Plenty of there there soon, Mike