Re: [OM] Is there a way to scan film strips with paper glued to edges?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is there a way to scan film strips with paper glued to edges?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 15:41:41 -0900
I'm sorry, but I was pretty much ignoring this thread until some
epiphany came to me.

I have some negs that also have paper on the edges. In my case, they
happen to be internegs that a lab did when I had some prints made from
slides, as well as for separations done for offset printing. Some were
35mm, some were medium-format. I scanned them on a flatbed Epson
scanner as through they were any other medium format film. I did
attempt to remove the paper on one of them for feeding into my Nikon,
but that proved to be a disaster. I cut off the tag so the 35mm strip
would fit in a 35mm feeder, but that proved to be too much work in
comparison to the flatbed scan.

The variation of the theme, with Nikon Coolscan scanners, is the old
ones had that film strip holder, whereas the newer ones have the film
roller feeder. The roller feeder will not work with a paper lined neg
at all, but the strip holder will, once it's been trimmed.

At this point, I wouldn't mess with a Nikon style scanner and would
use the Canon or Epson flatbeds or go to using a digital camera for
"scanning".

AG Schnozz