[OM] Is there a way to scan film strips with paper glued to edges?

Subject: [OM] Is there a way to scan film strips with paper glued to edges?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 02:08:30 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Seems the developer of the Son and Shade Analyzer (SASHA), George, has a ton of
rolls of film to be scanned.  (We got diverted on a few emails to photo topics.)
Apparently some processors glued paper to the edges of the film during/after
processing.  It must have been a common practice though I have never seen it.
The film can not be scanned by the usual scanners as will not fit. He was
thinking of "scanning" them with a high res dig cam, but that might take quite
awhile.  I suppose a flat bed scanner might do.  I said I would check with my
favorite list for other ideas.

Mike