[OM] More Moose Madness - It's not all about the glass

Subject: [OM] More Moose Madness - It's not all about the glass
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 00:25:58 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Does clean up well. I am not quite smitten, but may get there soon. Thanks for
posting, I think.   It is getting quite slooow with the combo at f9 but Topaz
to the rescue.  Was this at max mag which I think is 0.81  ("FF equivalent") ?
 One suspects it was designed de novo to work well with the MC-14 --or was it
an after thought?.  Is the equivalent crop with native lens clearly worse?
That analysis is usually done by someone early on with a compatible tele.
Working distance should be longer than with the the Pentax T132 diopter but is
the IQ as nice as with the PL 100-400 at 300mm with the T132?   Does this
diopter even work as well with the  MZ 100-400?
One advantage  of this lens with the MC-14 I see is easier focus perhaps and
the IS will adjust precisely for the combo and mag.   The CU diopter throws off
the IS--not terrible but it is not optimized for the combo.  Too bad it doesn't
have sync IS at these wild focal lengths.

Burning questions, Mike