Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:53:10 -0700
   I saw that the older CardBus for USB 2.0 is no longer available, but they
now have one for USB 3.0.  That might be worth having, and if so then this USB
2.0 card will go into the $15 Compaq machine.

It will be of no benefit unless there is a fast enough bus on your laptop to
take advantage of the usb speeds. I believe that you need PCI2 or higher. I
also find that my add-on card causes the mouse to get jerky when using the usb3
ports. Might just be crappy drivers that came with the card though.