Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:35:05 -0400
Caution is required. They're getting very aggressive on Win 10. You might want to install this tool to help you avoid it.
<http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html>

From a conversation with a local resident who mentioned to me his computer was running slowly. He thought his hard disk was getting full so he took it to Best Buy to get it checked. Their "solution" was to install Win 10. I asked, "Haven't we advised you not to do that?" He wasn't aware of that. I asked: "Does your printer still work?" He replied: "Umm, no. I need to check into that." I advised him to return to Best Buy immediately and have them undo the Win 10 install.

Chuck Norcutt

On 3/27/2016 9:28 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      I'm currently checking for updates.  The first thing it did was update
the updater.  Why am I NOT surprised?  Just thought I'd update you.  :{D

Except that the Simplified Chinese Character Set would never be marked
as "important".  Such things are "optional".  Just make sure that
"recommended" updates are not accepted the same as important (the
default setting).  In February Microsoft changed the classification of
Win 10 from "optional" to "recommended". That's what gets Win 10 installed.

Chuck Norcutt