Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:46:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     No.  This has come to an end.  I've been trying to fix this damned Win7 OS
ever since it was given to me due to the incompetent fellow who installed it,
making the machine close to unusable.  It not for AVAST, it might still be
marginal, but by way of it and then SFC the bulk of the problems have been
remedied, but only to find that the base problem with Win7 safe mode was due to
planned obsolesance, writing a PCMCIA driver so that it was incompatible with
earlier hardware, forcing users to unnecessarily replace perfectly good
hardware.

     I will not comply, nor will I make any effort in the future to do so when
they render Win7/8/9/10/etc. obsolete and change everything all over again.

>Not a wise move.  You should have allowed it install the important items
>and then hidden the rest.  Check the help file on hiding updates.
>
>Chuck Norcutt
>

>On 3/27/2016 12:26 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
>>       After I returned home I installed the stand-alone version and had
>>it do a thorough check.  It did not find any Win10 items, but it did find
>>that there were 942 items in the update cache.  I had it delete those and
>>then block any further Win10 items.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson