Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:08:33 -0700
On 3/29/2016 6:21 AM, Chris Trask wrote:

The WinXP emulator is not stable, and I cannot run most of my enginering
software with it.

Have you tried the real thing on a full, healthy, Win7 Pro install? It's only available, free, on Pro or above. So if you are using the Win7 Personal I imagine came with a used machine any emulator isn't the real thing.

I use the MS provided WinXP virtual machine within Win7 Pro all the time. I've never had any problem with it at all. I run old software development stuff, not engineering, but I find it hard to believe there's any old software that ran under XP that wouldn't install and run in this virtual version. I suppose hardware connectivity could be a problem? I've not tried that.

Absolutely stable, has never crashed. When I close it, it hibernates, so it
starts up again right where I left it.

Stabled Moose