Re: [OM] Sparta United Church of Christ

Subject: Re: [OM] Sparta United Church of Christ
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:51:06 -0700
On 3/29/2016 9:14 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
Having grown up in small-town Midwest America, . . .

I see your portfolio as a parallel look at my youth.

On 3/29/2016 9:22 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
Nice. And while I don't really follow any sports that don't involve wheels
and a motor, baseball in Spring really says "America."

It may not say so to all 'Murkins. While I imagine there were kids playing baseball in the spring somewhere hereabouts, it was not part of my youth. What it says to me is, well, "small-town Midwest America".

I did follow pro baseball for about the first half of my life so far, before I lost interest in all spectator sports. So at least I understand it when I am for some reason watching.

The definition of Suburban America seems to have become soccer. My granddaughters are soccer players, one apparently very good; more's the pity, as it bores me. I'd rather watch the grass grow without people running about pointlessly on it. Better exercise than baseball, but I don't watch people in the gym, either. :-)

Outsider Moose