Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:20:25 -0500
Microsoft supported ancient legacy software and hardware far longer than any
other vendor. That's part of why actual progress with the OS was held back for
so long - they kept hanging on to old legacy stuff because people kept
complaining that their 12-year-old computer wouldn't run the latest and
greatest. There is an XP virtual machine that can be set up inside Win7 to run
old apps, but at some point, they have to drop  the past if they ever hope to
advance.

Also, 2GB is the absolute minimum necessary, so that's what the manufacturers
ship because it's cheaper. I don't remember a 32-bit production machine at work
with anything less than 4Gb.

I still have an original Mac from 1984. I don't, and shouldn't, expect software
from System 1 to still work in my modern OS X El Capitan machine running modern
chips.

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." -- David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach