[OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?

Subject: [OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:17:31 +0100

> Seriously, though - what kind of photography do you do?  Judging from your
> enviable collection of shift and macro gear, I'm guessing focussing speed
> might not be of ultimate importance for you.
Yep my standard situation is tripod + self timer for mirror and app
prefire on the om4ti. Same on the Bronica so speed of setup, focus etc
is not an issue. Quality is full stop. I have a sekonic L558 with both
spot and incident metering so I don't even care if the metering does not
work. (ok not strictly true occasionally centre weighted is usefull e.g.
night photography.) In total I have taken 1 roll of film with the
Bronica hand held. All the rest is on a tripod and mostly prefire.

Go to the
>>Alternative Digital forum on the Fred Miranda web site
>><http://www.fredmiranda.com/> and ask a few questions.  The folks
>>there will give you all the skinny on how good manual focus lenses
>>work on Canon bodies and tell you that the focus confirm adapters are
>>the cat's meow.
Ill have a look at this.

Now I wonder where I can find a shop willing to let me try one out...
James