[OM] Re: EOS focus confirm adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: EOS focus confirm adapter
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:29:42 -0400
At 10:58 AM 6/15/2007, James King wrote:

>*sigh*
>
> > But that's the rub.  The ones that I have tried aren't accurate with
> > either my 5D or 10D.  But, neither body is accurate when using the
> > focus confirm light/beep to manually focus Canon lenses either even
> > though they are very accurate when using AF with the same lenses.

James, if you're going to be purchasing the camera from a local shop
instead of mail order then ask if you can test a particular body
before you lay down your money.  I believe that if  the focus confirm
light gives accurate focus when used to manually focus a standard
Canon lens then it has a good change of working correctly with one of
the adapters.  You'll need to use a fast lens with a good focusing
target though in order to really check the accuracy of the focus.

Or, spend the money for one of the adapters to use for the
testing.  That's a small expenditure compared to the cost of the 5D
body and you can always eBay it if you decide to go in another direction.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA