[OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?

Subject: [OM] Re: canon 5d manual focus lenses which work well/poorly?
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:22:05 +0100

Winsor Crosby wrote:

> That is why I think it is probably a mistake to choose a digital
> camera based on whether you can haltingly use your old lenses. You
> will either stop using them anyway or the level of use of the old
> lenses will be so low as to be insignificant.

*double sigh*
There is no way I can afford full frame if I have to replace all of my
lenses. In the uk the 5D is 1600 pounds and in hong kong about 1300
pounds. If I have to buy new lenses to cover what I have already (21 -
200 all at f2.8 or f2 plus macro) is going to cost a fortune. Even if I
go for slower f4 zooms its still far too much money for me to do in a
single hit and there is not much point having a body without lenses or
lens without bodies. Guess I will stick to my Olympus om4ti for hand
holding and the Bronica for everything else.
James