[OM] Re: Wacom tablet

Subject: [OM] Re: Wacom tablet
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 02:46:25 -0600
Andrew,

I had one for a while, it got lost in one of my moves. But here's my
recommendation from using mine and others that I've had opportunity to use.
Get the 6x8. 4x5 is too small to use easily, and anything bigger than 6x8 is
rather hard to use. The way these work is your screen's area is mapped to
the area of the tablet. So, to move the cursor from one side of the screen
to the other, you have to move all the way across the tablet. In the same
way, drawing around something in your picture (to select using lasso, etc)
requires similarly proportioned movements. With the 4x5, you have to be too
precise with the pen to easily trace things, while larger than 6x8 (I used a
9x12 or something like that for a while) is very hard to use because you
have to move the pen a long distance to select something.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com