[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:22:31 -0700
Well, this one is easier. If you look down the street you will see
that in the film shot the cables and cable cars have just about faded
away and the face of the yellow building is completely burned out. It
looks to me that the film shot has almost a full stop overexposure
compared to the digital shot. Of course you are going to find more
detail lurking in a dark shop window when you increase the exposure.
All you have to do is look at the woman in white sitting at the base
of the sign in each to see the glaring exposure difference between
the two images. The wire to the right of the poster is completely
visible in the digital image and is almost completely gone in the
film image, but that may have more to do with it being silhouetted
against the building with higher exposure. The number 32 is just
visible to me in the sign above the Rolex awning and I cannot tell
what it is in the film image.

I was mistaken about the time difference.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA