[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:00:40 -0400
A similar problem cropped up in the 28mm lens test I conducted (or tried
to) recently.  The cropped section from one lens looked decidedly less
crisp than from another lens.  But it was probably my poor technique in
processing the raw images.  When looking at the JPEG's processed by the
camera the situation was reversed.

In any case my eyes are obviously different.  When I look at Reichmann's
test of the D30 and Provia scan I don't see any real differences other
than color and a bit of contrast and, perhaps signfificant, some
mottling of the image due to grain.  I sometimes think people interpret
grain as detail.  Sorry, but I guess I prefer "plastic".

Chuck Norcutt