Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 23:32:23 -0700
Well the washer is certainly the immediate problem causing camera rotation. No friction against the camera base and what little there is against the cork against a small area with short 'lever arm'. Although it is natural to push both buttons to turn the lens because of the way they are opposite each other, only the top one is needed to release the lens, and that's far away from the plate. Trying several lenses, I didn't find any that actually rub against the plate. I've had this head for some time and not had the problem changing lenses.

Moose

lamadoo@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks, everyone.  I can't reach the "dismount" pin on some lenses when the
camera is on the 3047's hex plate so I added a thick washer above the plate.  If I could
buy nylon bar stock at the hardware store, I could have a short ridge along the back to
keep the camera from spinning.  Don't model railroad store sell that stuff?