Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:52:20 -0700
No, in a single element lens, it is in the center of the glass. Rotation around that point gives no perspective displacement. I could surmise that in normal fl lenses it is 1 focal length out from the film plane, but I don't really know. With complex retrofocus design wide-angle lenses I don't know how it works. Perhaps another listee can enlighten both of us? I know some panorama adapters come with instructions.

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

Is the "lens node" always one-half of the focal length away from the film plane?