Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:50:34 -0700
> http://www.novoflex.de/english/html/products.htm
>
> This just supplies the horizontal rotation, which is already part
> of the ballhead. I could just mount a spirit bubble to the base of
> the Acratech ballhead and do the same. What I was looking for
> was something to help adjust for level rather than adjusting the
> tripod legs alone.
>
> Wayne

It has an important added feature and that is a bubble level. Quite
accurate too I might add, I checked it with my laser level. Mount this
to the top of your ballhead to level the camera base. You can level the
camera with the bubble on the Panorama  plate using the ball head and
then lock it (ballhead) down and still rotate the camera using the
Panorama plate. You can see the bubble in the picture on the Novoflex
site. Mounted in this fashion the tripod can be set up at any angle and
you would be able to level the camera as long as it is within the limits
of the ballhead's movement. The only problem I've found is the same one
everyone who uses a ballhead knows and that is the fact that the act of
clamping the ball moves the camera slightly so you must anticipate this
movement to get things level. Takes a bit of fiddling.

mike