Re: [OM] A Love Story - 35 Year Anniversary with the OM-2S

Subject: Re: [OM] A Love Story - 35 Year Anniversary with the OM-2S
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 08:26:38 -0500
On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 2:45 PM Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The camera came with batteries and they are still working, however, they
> are now1.47V. My Fluke DMM measures average current of 0.75uA, camera on
> auto, and is probably higher with fresh batteries. That is close to 1mA and
> will certainly drain the batteries.
>
> Is there any fix to the circuit problem? The suggestion online is to set
> the camera to B or manual 60 and  the current drops to around 15uA.

Wayne,
I don't think there is a fix to the circuit problem.  Replacement boards
haven't been available forever, but even so, the camera just works as
such.  Manual 60 was a habitual thing when I was using the camera, and I
got pretty used to removing the batteries for longer storage periods, and
buying batts in bulk.  More or less the same for the OM-4.  But they're
lovely cameras to use.  I never had any problems with OM-4s once I got used
to battery preservation strategies from OM-2S use.  Seems like Oly didn't
really consider it a problem until they developed what came out as the
OM-4T, but I don't really know other than one man's experience put to it.

Joel W.