Re: [OM] A Love Story - 35 Year Anniversary with the OM-2S

Subject: Re: [OM] A Love Story - 35 Year Anniversary with the OM-2S
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 12:36:09 -0700
At 10/11/2022 07:24 AM, John wrote:
>Ditto on a "mint condition" 2S.  I've seen a few that were beautiful but
>had extreme battery drain, bad circuits.  Unless you can try out a 2S body
>in person, it may be risky.   Even in person,  you might not be able to
>test for battery drain.
>--
>John Hermanson
>Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
>21 South Lane
>Huntington, NY  11743-4714
>www.zuiko.com  : | :  jhermanson21@xxxxxxxxx

The camera came with batteries and they are still working, however, they are
now1.47V. My Fluke DMM measures average current of 0.75uA, camera on auto, and
is probably higher with fresh batteries. That is close to 1mA and will
certainly drain the batteries.

Is there any fix to the circuit problem? The suggestion online is to set the
camera to B or manual 60 and  the current drops to around 15uA.

WayneS