Re: [OM] Knock, knock

Subject: Re: [OM] Knock, knock
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 08:45:10 -0500
On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 4:43 PM Mike Gordon via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why so quiet?  It isn't even the depths of winter yet when we used to
> engage in pedantic arguments about depth of field and utility of full wave
> solutions and such.
>
> Just to report that a  Moose visit to South Hamilton has sadly ended but
> OM gear including several OMZ lenses were exercised and many MZ lenses
> including the nifty MZ 100-400 with 1.4 TC--by Moose .  It is a bit heavy
> but certainly came in handy for the occasional critter we came across.
> Moose has the new MZ 12-200  on the other cam and just avoided the softer
> long end.  Seems to work for him but is a bit awkward.  No perfect
> solutions.
>   I also had the opportunity to play with a few gizmos like a lens baby
> and a zone plate, pin hole thingie.
> I am sure some images will surface here but mine will be delayed due to
> work and a recert course.
>
> Anyone  there?  Mike

Mike,
I've been busy shooting as fall color displaces the lingering traces of
summer.  Also transitioning to a new PC, which takes me forever.  I did go
ahead and load up Topaz's new Photo AI.  All the Topaz programs run
immensely faster on the new MIS laptop, thankfully.  Used the occasion to
upgrade my Spyder as well and may be able to get laptop screen to match the
big monitor, but I expect that will need replacing soon as well.  Also
decks needed attention, wife needed attention, etc.

Joel W.