Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant

Subject: Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 15:58:30 -0700
Yes, the Igot-U does not do well with multipath issues.  I believe many Gamins
have dual freq that can connect to more than one satellite constellation  and
markedly improve accuracy at the price of power drain.
They may hook up to more systems such as the Japanese QZSS.

And Lemurian W5%XU?

   You also tend to tag the images each night so the computer is on the same
time zone. As in the video some DST rules are convoluted.  Also for whatever
reason some websites will not tolerate the GPS time stamp being different than
the time stamp from Geosetter GPS  data.

Confuse A Moose - Two GPS times? From whence the second?

Perhaps you adjust the camera image  time in geosetter to match the track
(never have done that or seen that it will do that) rather than shift the track?

Been there, done that, no T-shirt. But, it worked. I don't know about shifting the
track - nor, I think, need to. 😁

  The latter confuses Smugmug to a  fare-thee-well.

  https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=jptru9E32f6q0zydcdtXh9

I also had Geosetter duplicating the raw files-- Not sure how that happened
either. Another errant check box or some weird default during an upgrade.

This is more troublesome. I just checked, and it's doing that to me, as well.
It didn't do that before, through 8/27/21.

I've done very little geotracking since, so v. few date data points. It has
done it since 4/27/22, and possible long before.

Theory: A Windoze update has changed some security thing or other, Geosetter writes new version of file, then, if successful, erases original, but the big W doesn't allow that.

My last geocoding was amazingly slow to write to disk. Trying multiple times to
erase each original, before giving up?

Run Geosetter in Admin mode?

BTW: I don't geocode every night on the road. I do make sure to get the GPX
file into the right places, for later coding.
Where in the world is, Mike

Waldo Moose