Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant

Subject: Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 22:59:46 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Nope. Mike was going on about various GPS satellite systems, I think.

Indeed.  I just checked and the Fitbit Sense  (like the Ionic) just has  access
to GPS and GLONASS--not that I like much about Russia these days.  Many/most
Garmins probably has ability to hook up to Gallileo and QZSS.
No questions asked, most of the Garmin units are superior devices for this
application and many have confirmed Moose's observations to this effect.   Most
of the time the track of my runs look reasonable but sometimes it appears I
just emerged from a bar at 4AM.  The watch has the advantage that it is charged
and available and usually good enough.  The time zone issues can be a fly (or
swarm of flies)  in the ointment and better have the cam times spot on.

Usually close enough for gov't work, Mike