Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant

Subject: Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 14:43:44 -0700
On 5/23/2022 1:55 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 5/23/2022 11:07 AM, Geotag Moose wrote:
I just start the Garmin 401 and put it in shirt pocket. Turn it off at the end
of shooting. If I have camera time right, that's all. If not, simple adjustment
in Geosetter.

For a trip like La Palma, just recharge AAA batteries at night. For a several
day horse trip, carry a few extra AAA alkalines.

I have no idea what it syncs to. Worked perfectly in Bhutan, New England and
Ireland. Carried along with the I-GotU in old growth redwoods as a test. The
I-gotU was terrible, all over the place, hardly ever on the trail. The Garmin
was fine.
Are you asking what the GPS time syncs to?

Nope. Mike was going on about various GPS satellite systems, I think. I'm saying I don't know what my Garmin gets it location info from, only that it works well; considerably better than anything else I used before.

Timely Clarification Moose