Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant

Subject: Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 21:40:24 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Yes, the Igot-U does not do well with multipath issues.  I believe many Gamins
have dual freq that can connect to more than one satellite constellation  and
markedly improve accuracy at the price of power drain.
They may hook up to more systems such as the Japanese QZSS.   You also tend to
tag the images each night so the computer is on the same time zone. As in the
video some DST rules are convoluted.  Also for whatever  reason some websites
will not tolerate the GPS time stamp being different than the time stamp from
Geosetter GPS  data.  Perhaps you adjust the camera image  time in geosetter to
match the track (never have done that or seen that it will do that) rather than
shift the track?  The latter confuses Smugmug to a  fare-thee-well.

 https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=jptru9E32f6q0zydcdtXh9

I also had Geosetter duplicating the raw files-- Not sure how that happened
either. Another errant check box or some weird default during an upgrade.

Where in the world is, Mike