Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant

Subject: Re: [OM] Geotag and time zones rant
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 23:07:43 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Confuse A Moose - Two GPS times? From whence the second?

One GPS time but there is another time in another exif field when the shot was
taken.  I learned  the hard way.
If they conflict, some sites get mad.

<<<My last geocoding was amazingly slow to write to disk. Trying multiple times
<<<erase each original, before giving up?

Just checking,  but under file (IIRC) there are settings to uncheck save the
original and an option to use sidecar files.  Perhaps sidecars are a bad idea
for this, I don't know.
What are your settings for this?
I am thinking that tagging the raw files might be more trouble than it's worth.
 Just manually tag the raw processed image with the corresponding SOOC jpeg.

Perhaps Geosetter has accumulated bugs as the OS has changed.

Too many copies, Mike