[OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List

Subject: [OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 00:15:59 -0800
Thanks Moose.

I just finished my usual public walk weekend, to find out I had a well known
photographer in the group, the only one with a camera (been work too long I
guess or was afraid he'd still be in the first block as we came back 5 hours
later....) Keith Munger.
If any of you ever meet him, quite a nice gentleman and his wife a very nice
Lady too, they helped make my day.

My compatriot in Macro learning and crime took some killers super macros
with his E-330, 35 mm Oly Macro Lens and the EC 15? Adaptor tube and printed
them out on my canon 1990. I'm waiting for permission to post them to the
flickr site. Flowers, or should I saw the fruiting bodies of Lichens and
moss's that are under 5mm, blown up to 2-3 inches and they are crisp.......
and he has the depth that I don't get with a hand held fast exposure using
flash on a reverse macro using the 14-45 or 40-150 kit lens's.

Doing public walks, I never get the tripod out, but the reverse macro allows
me to take pics of terribly small things and then show the group I am with
what it looks like. It has the atmosphere of little kids seeing stuff for
the first time.

Scott