[OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List

Subject: [OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:25:13 -0800
When I was on a Fishing boat we docked once in Monterey Bay and I took the
evening to go to the Santa Cruz Board Walk where  met a fellow who lives not
to far from where I live now. He wanted to sell me 10 acres of half ancient
Oaks and 1/2 unlogged virgin redwoods for $1,400 dollars. I was short 50
dollars and was afraid I'd not get back here. 20 years later moved here and
really regret that as those 10 acres have 5 multi million dollar homes on
them, the old Oaks are gone as is most of the trees and it is close to this
small town.

Population then was 650 people, now it is 6,800.

I completely agree with those people who say, now that I am here, no more
population growth! <snicker>

Scott