[OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List

Subject: [OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:22:05 -0800
Philippe Le Zuikomane wrote:
> And the Hill Country, especially around the lakes upriver from us on the
> Colorado River. Even from Florida I'm told people are moving into our neck of
> the woods. We know an Italian sculptor who has a sculpture ranch just outside
> Johnson City where Lyndon's ranch can be visited. Next door is a working
> ranch with house lots where Republican movers and shakers are getting their
> country homes. Lance Armstrong has his homes in Austin and Dripping Springs
> (he sold the property next door to ours), Sandra Bullock and Jesse James,
> many others including Dirk Halstead, who left a few signed copies of his book
> at our local Mail Center where he's a customer (got one!)... They like the
> place and the fact people leave them alone. And please remember Sam Houston
> lost his job because he would not join the Confederate States. - Phil

Bless them and ask them to bring all their friends. Everybody should go
someplace other than here.

It's still lovely where I live, but it's now in the center of an
increasing megalopolis. Getting from here to anywhere else I want to be
has become a real chore. Some of the nearer places I used to like to go
are now housing tracts and malls. We used to go for picnics in walnut
orchards Walnut Creek when I was a kid. Now the only walnuts there are
in overpriced salads in upscale eateries. I'll have the raspberry
vinaigrette, please.

Moose - Everybody move to Texas, please.