[OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List

Subject: [OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:16:17 -0600
Nothing French high-speed rail can't fix - but then Texans just don't get
infrastructure and would rather limp along than invest and plan properly. Tried
Austin -> Chicago by rail once, never again. 7 hours just to get to Dallas.

BTW, "Giant" was shot out of Marfa, there is of course the Chinati Foundation,
UT has the McDonald Observatory, private space ventures are using that area and
if you like that kind of scenery you just have to rent the Three Burials of
Melquiades Estrada. - Phil

On 12:56, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>Which both is an isn't in TX -- or so it seems.  Getting there even
>from within TX is an ordeal -- even by TX standards.
>
>But it's worth getting there.  I just don't know if it's worth moving
>there for that reason.
>
>http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/chisos.html
>
>As long as one is there, Guadalupe NP is reasonably close by (I love
>that place too -- man, does the wind blow there) and from there New
>Mexico is due north.
>
>Joel W.

==