[OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this Lis

Subject: [OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:42:19 -0800 (PST)
> speed limit during the day! Was very tempted to see if the top end
> of my car was at 128, 130 or 144 and how smooth the ECU would hold
> that limit. Prolly 128. Will never know.

My Audi has a cutoff about 130mph too.  The USA version has it
because they didn't deliver with the ultra-highspeed tires.  If you
put the racing tires on the car, you can easily override that limit.

I suspect, however, that the engine in mine would run out of steam
before it could push much past 135.  Probably the revised redline
would force a cutoff at 145.  All of the above speeds are really
beyond my own comfort zone anyway.

One of these days I will get another RX7, a third-gen with all the
mods to take it up around 400hp and the suspension/aero mods to keep
the greesy side down.

AG