[OM] Re: Olympus repairs

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus repairs
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:44:27 -0700
I was going to go all digital after buying my Kodak 14n and actually shot
almost no film for almost 2 years but after I moved to Santa Fe I dusted off
my OM's and my digital shooting declined to the point where now I haven't
touched the digital cameras for my fine art work in 6 months. I still use my
14n for my commercial work..clients want digital files and scanning film is
too much work for anything other than work I personally love!  I have done
some snapshots of my girlfriend's cats with my D70 too.

I never considered selling any of my film equipment when I went digital. No
one wants to give anything for those old cameras and I just wasn't willing
to give them away for nothing. I got my money's worth out of them long ago
so even if I never used them again I don't need to get any money out of my
film cameras. So many people I've seen online act like they're mad at their
film cameras and they feel like the HAVE to get them out of the house even
for pennies.  I figured that even if I never shot film again I'd rather have
them to show my grandkids someday when I'm old.  I still have 3 OM bodies, a
Nikon F4s, and a Mamiya 645 super.  I'm gonna dust off the Mamiya soon and
start shooting 120 again.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design