[OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this Lis

Subject: [OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: iddibhai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:34:09 -0800

On Feb 14, 2007, at 9:13 AM, Walt Wayman wrote:

> I know I'm going to get some flack about that, but my late wife was
> from Brookshire, Texas, and I've been there many, many times. Place
> is way too flat. I'm a Tennessee hillbilly. Got to have some up and
> down terrain that ain't constantly 100 F. in the summertime. :-)
>
> Walt

I used to think TX was flat too, till I drove across all of it this
past Dec. (LA to Houston to Memphis and return same way). Hit El Paso
around dawn, and most of the from there to San Antonio had rolling
hills and road cut thru sandstone (?) or such. Gorgeous. Smooth dark
roads, clean line of sight, not another soul in sight, and *80* mph
speed limit during the day! Was very tempted to see if the top end of
my car was at 128, 130 or 144 and how smooth the ECU would hold that
limit. Prolly 128. Will never know.

But yeah, it wasn't all flat and boring. On a somewhat related note,
in Dallas/Plano, and Houston/Sugarland area, nearly impossible to
find a straight road! given how flat that place is, why can't they go
straight! Curves for no reason!