[OM] Re: New Portra films

Subject: [OM] Re: New Portra films
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 00:18:11 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Recently trying out the Tam 400 f4 with 1.4 TC and the new Koduck
>> Portra 400vc (freebie).  Took this with the Tam 35-105,OM2 of a
>> bird watching tower.  This is about a 50% crop... Photo could use
>> much work, though here it is anyway.
>>
> There is something terribly wrong with this image as posted...

What was it scanned on? Did you do any post-processing?

I'd say it was up-sampled and over-sharpened. Looks like Photoshop
Unsharp Mask of about 200%, radius 2+ pixels, and a threshold of 30
or more...

Can we see a bit of the raw scan?

:::: By 2030... fossil fuel resources will be totally out by then. --
Katsuhiko Machida, President of Sharp ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::