[OM] Re: in-camera image resolution

Subject: [OM] Re: in-camera image resolution
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:06:56 -0400
All true, but a little more comment.  The ppi you choose is printer
dependent.  For example, the Epsons are multiples of 360, so the preferred
ppi is 360 or 720 to prevent the driver from interpolating.  This is true on
all Epsons from the Picturemate to the 9800.

Most other printers (Canon and HP, I believe) are 300ppi based, so 300 or
600 is preferred.

It really does make a big difference in the quality of the output.