[OM] Re: in-camera image resolution

Subject: [OM] Re: in-camera image resolution
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 11:57:39 +0200
Interesting mythology!

the resolution of a printer has nothing to do with the resolution
required to print. Art books are printed at a max resolution of 450
dpi, 300 dpi is perfectly suitable for good printing. 720 dpi is over
the top, and 1440 is downright "stupid". It only extends printing
times, rip times and consumes much processing power.

write it somewhere clear:

300 dpi is the perfect printing resolution for high quality!

just had to get this of my chest, my wife is in printing business and I
learned it the hard way!

One possible effect of images in a too high resolution (say 1440 dpi)
is that they come out much darker than wanted, mostly it is just time
consuming.

Iwert.

Op 6-mei-06 om 10:35 heeft Chris Barker het volgende geschreven: