[OM] Re: OT: "Its all Bush's fault"

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: "Its all Bush's fault"
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:25:56 -0400

Winsor Crosby wrote:
> But if you reveal their names you will have committed a crime.

There are a number of caveats wrapped around this law that will make it
very tough to prove, not the least of which is that she was a "covert"
agent.

> Rove's attorney admitted to the press that Rove had revealed Wilson's
> wife was a CIA agent and that she was in a position to suggest her
> husband. Not only that, the following day Novak revealed the name of
> her cover corporation which compromised the whole intelligence
> operation she was running having to do with weapons of mass destruction.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/10/
> AR2005071001000.html

To quote your own source (above):
"Rove apparently told Cooper that it was "Wilson's wife, who apparently
works at the agency on [weapons of mass destruction] issues who
authorized the trip," according to a story in Newsweek's July 18 issue."

I'm afraid the phrase "who apparently works at the agency" is a bit far
removed from "covert agent".

> And just a question. If you really doubt this why would Bush have not
> been able to uncover the leak in two years in the investigation he
> pledged to do? And why would he raise the burden of proof before he
> would do something about it? Why would Scott McClellan lie to the
> press about Rove's involvement at one point and then stonewall after
> that?

I don't believe Carl Rove is a nice guy but neither do I believe the
"charges" are anywhere close to being proven.  In fact, only the press
has announced "charges".  The prosecutor has the case and hasn't said
anything.  If he's got somthing solid let him make it stick.  I'll
support him.

ps:  Scott Mclellan is the press secretary.  He can't "lie to the press"
because he hasn't a clue about what's really going on whether the
Repbulicans are guilty or not.  No press secretary is in the inner
circle.  He just says what he's told as best he can.  Tough job.

Chuck Norcutt